Visit tempeyarn.com

Visit tempeyarn.com for more information

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!



In honor of our Moms on this wonderful Mothers Day, I have complied some of Tempe Yarn & Arizona employees memories of things our Moms have said and done.


My Mom always said:
"I will always love you no matter what you do in life. I may not like the things you do or the choices that you make. I may not like you at times and you will not like me. But no matter what, you are my son and I will always love you."
-Aaron

With six brothers and sisters, I think the phrase I remember most is, "I don't care who started it, I want YOU to stop it!" I was always disappointed she wasn't interested in all the details.
-Leslie

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~A Jewish proverb
-Mattie

Things my mom said:
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." 
"Plain soap and water come cheap, so there is no excuse for filth and dirt."
"A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush."
"It's just stuff, and you can't take it with you when you die."
"Clean up your own back yard before you try to clean up somebody else's."
-Terry


My favorite memories from childhood are the times my Mom took me to the Zoo.  My mom knew the head zookeeper so we got to go behind the scenes and feed the rhinos by hand.
My Grammy said, "Great life, don't weaken".   
-Erin

Things my Mom said:
"Always leave a place cleaner than what you found it."
"Don't drag your brother across the carpet again."
"Be home by the time the street lights come on."
"Always walk on the outside of the sidewalk when with a women" (I guess so you get splashed if a car goes by).
-Fred

As my son gets older, I find myself remembering and saying more and more of things my mom used to say to me and my brothers.  My current favorite is, "You listen like a fish."  I don't know where she got this saying, but apparently, since they're under all that water, water fish don't listen so well.  Neither do two year olds, so I find myself using this phrase with Liam and having so much empathy for my mom, who had 5 kids who all "listened like fish".  
-Candy

My mom has always been my rock; she has always been the one who could instill a calm and peace in me that no one else on earth could. This quote by Washington Irving says it best: "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
-Krysten

As E.W. Howe said, "If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the day, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers." My mom has dealt with us crazy kids for the past 40 years, but still managed to raise 3 daughters while keeping her sanity.
-Savanna

Being a mother is one of the hardest, most thankless jobs out there. There are no days off, no paid vacations and definitely no sick days. Yet it is one of the most awesome, inspiring, wonderful and loving jobs ever. I am so grateful that I have my mom as my role model and teacher. Without her I would be lost, not only as a woman, but as a mom.
-Allari

Now for some more famous peoples quotes about their Moms:

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
-Mark Twain

"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her."
-Ellen DeGeneres

"Being a mother is hard and it wasn't a subject I ever studied."
-Ruby Wax

"There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother's age."
-Benjamin Spock

"Whenever something went wrong when I was young - if I had a pimple or if my hair broke - my mom would say, 'Sister mine, I'm going to make you some soup.' And I really thought the soup would make my pimple go away or my hair stronger."
-Maya Angelou

“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” 
-George Washington

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. "
-Stevie Wonder 

"Children are the anchors of a mother's life."
-Sophocles 

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?"
 -Milton Berle 

"M" is for the million things she gave me, 
"O" means only that she's growing old, 
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me, 
"H" is for her heart of purest gold; 
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining, 
"R" means right, and right she'll always be, 
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER," A word that means the world to me. 
-Howard Johnson 

"Sometimes I open my mouth and my Mother comes out"
-unkown 



All of us at Tempe Yarn & Arizona Yarn would like to wish all of the Moms out there a 
Very Happy Mothers Day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment